This station also hosts an adjacent goods yard for unloading various materials. The erstwhile Kalighat Falta Railway (KFR) used to run from this point. On 28.05.1917, the KFR got operational from Ghoshlapur of Behala to Falta which was extended to Kalighat station, according to some other sources-upto Majerhat on 07.05.1920. The entire stretch of 26.95 Km railway was under the ownership of a British firm headed by Mcleod. Post- independence, the firm closed their business which prompted the route to be dismantled in 1957 and the land was reclaimed by the then Government which ultimately paved way for the present James Long Sarani.