This marks the last station on the bank of river Hooghly. It is located between the Water Gate and the St George's Gate of the Fort William. The place is named after the eminent Anglo-Indian scholar and antiquary - James Prinsep. A Palladian porch monument rich in Greek and Gothic inlays, designed by W. Fitzgerald was constructed in 1843 in his memory. Overlooking this monument stands the imposing structure of Vidyasagar Setu or the second Hooghly Bridge.