The visible temple just before the Khiderpore station is a small replica of the Jagannath Temple of Puri maintained by the Odhisa community. In the neighbouring area one can find the Bhukailash Rajbari estate built by zamindar Joynarayan Ghoshal more than 200 years ago. The temples came up soon after Joynarayan Ghoshal shifted his estate from Fort William to Kidderpore. The Bhukailash Rajbari here used to sprawl over 150 bighas. Two temples were built in Kidderpore's Bhukailash Rajbari estate in 1781. The 18-foot-tall Shivalinga installed in the temple has been carved out of a single kashti stone and is believed to be the tallest Shivalinga of its kind in Asia. The Shiva temple in Kidderpore lay neglected for decades. Declared a heritage site by Kolkata Municipal Corporation in 1996, the twin temples were on the verge of crumbling when the urban development department launched a massive restoration drive not only to restore the lost glory but also to popularize the place of worship.The temples - Krishna Chandreshwar and Rakta Kamaleshwar - were dedicated by Joynarayan Ghoshal to the names of his father and mother. Besides the twin Shiva temples, the estate also houses an ancient Kulodevi Patitpabani Durga temple which was built in 1782. The Durga idol here is made of astadhatu (eight metals). The name "Bhukailash" was given by mystic Ramprashad when he came over the place.