Sainthia --- This is a railway junction near Mayurakshi River, located & serves the town Sainthia in Birbhum district WB. Construction of the Khana-Rajmahal section of Sahibganj Loop was completed in October 1859. The first train ran from Howrah to Rajmahal via Khana on 4th of July 1860. Construction of the Sainthia railway station was done as part of building the entire line. The station serves as the junction of Andal-Sainthia branch line - built in 1913, with the Khana-Rampurhat section. It has got 4 platforms and three loop lines with stoppage of nearly 64 trains. Four trains originates/terminates at this junction. Station code - SNT.