WAM1-ASN-20202 --- First AC electric locomotive to break into the scene of Indian Railway with Road Number 20202 -- built by Siemens, Brown-Boveri, Alsthom, Krupp, Kraus-Maffei, Schneider-Westinghouse, La Brugeoise Et Nivelle, SFAC (Group for Study & Electrification of Railways at Single Phase 50 cycles). It was imported in November 1958 by the Indian Railways and was dedicated to service of the nation on 1st January 1959. It marked the introduction and advent of 25 KV AC traction on the Indian Railway Map. This four axled, 74 ton loco comes with Bo-Bo bogie type arrangement, powered by 2840 hp engine, Spring-borne Force-ventilated fully suspended AEC-Alstom- Siemens MG 710A traction motors, Monomotor bogies with air brakes for loco & vacuum train brakes as original equipment. Regenerative braking was also provided while the motors are permanently connected in parallel. Speed was controlled by transformer taps. Also four water-cooled Ignitrons Rectifiers were present. This loco was fitted with Faiveley AM-12 pantos.

Christened as 'Jagjivan Ram' after the then railway minister Shri Jagjivan Ram who inaugurated this loco. Kanpur was the first shed to host this loco which was later transferred to Asansol. On November 25, 1960, it hauled a special train for the congress of ECAFE (Economic Commission for Asia and Far-East) from Asansol to Pathardih via Pradhankhunta. The locomotive hauled various prestigious trains of Eastern Railway including Howrah-Delhi Kalka Mail, Coal Field Express, Black Diamond Express and Deluxe Express (rechristened as Poorva Express) on the Howrah-Asansol- Dhanbad-Mughalsarai route. It covered a total of 38,75,000 km till the end of its service life on October 22nd, 1997.

To celebrate 50 glorious years of A.C. Electric Traction in India, this loco was revived back to life by Asansol ELS with a trial run between Asansol & Durgapur on 28th December 2009, by refurbishing the machine with restoration of its original livery. The experiment was partly successful as it came back to life and performed some shunting duties. But later it was shelved and relegated to the Howrah Railway Museum as it became part of history of evolution of AC Electric Locomotives in India.

Framed by Roy at Howrah Railway Museum on 27th June 2016.